7.13.2009

Our Registry

Brandon and I had a difficult time figuring out how to go about creating our registry since we will not be living together right after we get married, and we will end up in Fort Hood, Texas.

We decided to give guests the option of giving us gift cards through our Target and Crate & Barrel registries. Target allowed us to add a note saying, "Although we appreciate all types of gifts, we prefer to receive gift cards as it will be close to a year before we make a house for ourselves. Thanks! Much love, Brandon, Min and Bella."

But I didn't want to deprive ourselves from opening actual presents so I registered for items, too. I spent more than ten hours comparing prices, looking at reviews, and adding items to our two registries. I wanted to make sure that we had a wide selection of price ranges for our guests and I wanted good products that would last many moves around the country.

The most expensive items on the registry will definitely come in handy in our new home: The Dyson DC25 Animal Vacuum to pick up all that pesky Bella fur and the beautiful KitchenAid Stand Mixer, which I am guilty of hugging and stroking when I see it in stores.
We were a little concerned about registering at Crate & Barrel because it is known to be one of the more high end stores. Imagine my surprise when during my comparison of prices, Crate & Barrel beat Target time and time again. Not only that, but everything screamed elegant and quality.

I registered for a couple of pretty Paloma flutes at only $9.95 each for the reception toasts. I also added many vases such as this Lucy vase because I am a strong believer in filling our home with fresh flowers whenever possible.


I wanted to incorporate Brandon's tastes as much as I could so I included items such as a stacking wine rack and a cast iron grill and press so that I can make him awesome panini sandwiches.

Even Bella got some say: A pink polka dot doggie life vest
Hopefully, I selected a good mix of practical and fun items for our guests to choose from.
And for my loyal readers, click here for a preview of our wedding website.

No comments:

Post a Comment