9.04.2009

Let's Eat!

Brandon and I finalized the menu for our reception while I was in Georgia, and we can't wait to eat some more yummy food from Jason's Catering.
Our choice of five passed hor dourves during cocktail hour: homemade pot stickers, brushette de pompadora, shrimp scampi skewers, caribbean rumaki, mini pizzadillas.

My suggestion is to gobble up as much of the caribbean rumaki (plantains wrapped in bacon and baked in a brown sugar glaze) as you can b/c they are delicious.
I spent about 40 minutes coming up with a template for our menu cards which will be tucked inside each guest's napkin. Microsoft Word and I have become very good friends after making our invitations and it has become a lot easier for me to format things the way I want them.
Each menu is printed on plain white cardstock (75 sheets for $2 at Big Lots). They are 3.67" wide and 8" in length. In order to create three perfectly even menus on one sheet of legal sized paper, first adjust all margins to 0" and select three columns with a spacing of 0".

Play around with font sizes and formats. Before printing, look at the print preview carefully to make sure that nothing gets cut off. Always print on scratch paper on the "fast draft" option first until you are absolutely sure you have what you want. Click on "yes" when it asks you if you want to continue even though the margins are wrong.
I used Albermarle Swash and Georgia fonts, which is consistent with the rest of my printed projects. The little swirls were made using Nymphette font. Make sure you leave enough of a border and to center your paragraph alignment.
If you have trouble with cutting paper evenly like I do, you can also click the "line between" option and use those lines as a guide.

I used my temperamental Martha Stewart punch for the top of the menu and embossed a peony stamp at the bottom.
Sorry for the poor quality of pictures. I'm going to have to start using my sister's camera for these posts.
P.S. Is anyone else besides Alvin still following this thing? I plan on blogging at least once every week until December.

1 comment:

  1. Oh.

    My.

    Goodness.

    That food sounds delicious, and the menus looks great!

    ReplyDelete