9.13.2009

Three Generations of Crazy

The most important women in my life are also going to be the only family members of mine who will join in on the wedding celebration in December.

When my mother confirmed this with me the other night, my heart sank. Brandon's side of the guest list is mostly composed of parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles. While all of my family members are invited, no one but my mother, grandmother and sister are attending the wedding.

How is someone supposed to take such news? I knew from the start of the planning process that it was going to be difficult to have everyone fly out to California. I told myself not to get my hopes up, and I didn't. But when you actually hear it, you can't help but hurt.

And then I realized that the only family members who have ever been consistent in my life are these three strong women, the ones who have molded me into who I am today.

My mother and grandmother, who are both a full head shorter than I am, are going to walk me down the aisle and give me away to my husband. And my sister will be standing right up there with me. It will be quite a sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment