8.09.2009

Dear Martha, (Part 2)

You screwed me over. I purchased your doily lace edge punch in order to make belly bands for our invitations. Then it broke after 13 bands. So I made a trip back to Michael's to buy another. That one broke too.

How do you expect me to make beautiful creations when you sell me shoddy products? Now, I can't finish my envelope label wraps or work on placecards.







Here is a project that did work out. I always knew that instead of a gust book, I wanted guests to leave us wishes. I stamped the word on red cardstock using an acrylic block and clear letter stamps I found for a dollar at Target. After the wedding, these cards will be attached to a scrapbook next to photos of our guests. I actually like that they are imperfect.








And here are some flowers I made with some white glue, scissors, and pink crepe paper (two rolls for $1). I am considering making boutonnieres and corsages for our VIP guests myself if I can work it out with the florist. I think it would be a sweet memento since they take a lot of effort (about 20 min. per flower) and will last forever.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Min!

    I've been following your blog, and I just wanted to say how much I'm in awe of your DIY wedding process. Props to you! Keep me updated!

    Evelina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Evelina! Your food blog makes me drool.

    ReplyDelete