1.30.2010

The First Look

Traditionally, the groom does not see the bride until she walks down the aisle. Some bad luck superstitious mumbo jumbo. But we were already married at this point, so why wait? Also, this allowed us to do all of the portraits beforehand so that we did not have to fight the sunlight.

Hannah had Brandon wait in the gardens for me while I crept around the corner.


I love how excited he looks here as I walk towards him.

At that moment all I could think about was how my hair was too curly for his liking, how I had much more makeup on than he was used to, how maybe this was not the dress he had pictured me in...
And then I thought about how handsome he looked in his uniform, even though I could only see his back.

I tapped his shoulder and we saw each other for the first time.

And then we kissed a lot.

Here I am checking out his blue cord
He backed up to get a good look of his bride
Always the sweetheart, he told me how beautiful I was.

Ha! He's caught checking me out!
As always, pictures by Hannah Suh.

No comments:

Post a Comment