1.08.2010

My Bridezilla Organization

When it came to packing all the boxes of wedding items up, I admit that I went a little wild. I am the type of person who has to do everything on her own, and I knew that it would not be possible on my wedding day.

In an attempt to have things perfect, I wrote/drew things in detail. It seems like a completely Minzilla thing to do, but it ended up being incredibly useful because no one knew what was going on.

Each box was labeled with our names and a list of the items inside. I purposely organized everything so that similar items went together. Things on the seating card table were all in one box. All the candles went in another, and so on. I also pasted detailed instructions for people to use because I did not want people coming to me and asking where things belonged. For example:

Glass apothecary jar w/ pink roses
◦ To be used for holding wish cards. Make sure the “wishes” sign is hung over the handle. Place on guest book table in hallway next to brown basket w/ wish cards and gold and silver pens. Throw in three blank wish cards in as an example for guests to follow.



But I didn't stop with just words. After all, there are many visual people. I also drew diagrams!

And I also labeled some of the items inside the box with post-its.
People thought that I was crazy for doing all of this, but I think it was worth it in the end. I was able to go into the reception room and the hallways and see everything placed exactly where I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment